Benefits of NACBHDD Membership:
- Participation in the ONLY National Professional Network specifically for county and other local behavioral health and developmental disability directors.
- Legislative Advocacy and Policy Analysis on behalf of and from the perspective of county behavioral health and developmental disability authorities.
- Representation in Key Coalitions in Washington, DC such as the Campaign for Mental Health Reform, the Mental Health Liaison Group and the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities.
- Essential relationships with Congress and Executive Branch agencies -- including CMS and SAMHSA -- that NACBHDD staff maintain assuring that county authorities’ voice is heard.
- DC Update that keeps you informed of legislative and administrative developments as they occur.
- The Monthly NACBHDD Newsletter containing important information and in-depth interviews to assist you in making informed decisions about your community’s service needs.
- An invitation to NACBHDD’s Annual Legislative Conference, the best opportunity to learn about policy initiatives and legislation directly from Members of Congress, Hill staff, federal agency officials, national organizations, and your colleagues from around the country.
- As a National Association of Counties (NACo) Affiliate, opportunities to broaden support for our positions by bring NACBHDD issues to NACo’s subcommittees, committees, and Board.
- Access to Professional Information, Technical Assistance and Best Practices through our new Web site with “members’ only” message boards, a job bank, relevant publications and research, and links to partner organizations and important public agencies.
- Significant discounts for NACHBDD members on:
a. Network of Care, a Web-based tool created by Trilogy, Inc. and cited by the New Freedom Commission on Mental Health as a model of innovation in technology, and
b. Wiley & Sons publications, including Mental Health Weekly and Drug Abuse Weekly.
Please click here
to fill out our online membership application. You may submit this form online or complete the application, print it our and mail it to us at the address provided.