NACBHDD’s past and present success has always been due principally to the vision, effort, and passion of its membership. Individually and collectively, NACBHDD members have been quick to recognize and articulate the challenges facing our field, to advocate for more effective legislative and regulatory options, and to implement more and more just, effective, and fiscally efficient solutions.
Now, more than ever, NACBHDD asks that you contribute your energy, experience, and talent, not only to advance the work of county-based behavioral health and ID/DD services, but to advance the needs of those you servebyadvancingyourowncareer. You can do this in many ways:
- Join or lead one of NACBHDD’s Committees
- Run for a seat as an officer on the NACBHDD Board of Directors
- Serve a one-year term as NACBHDD’s representative on the NACo Board of Directors
- Propose, develop and present one of NACBHDD’s monthly webinars, highlighting challenges, solutions, or innovations in service-delivery programs in your state or county.
- Lead a NACBHDD Initiative.
Under the Microscope, a publication that provides a brief, in-depth look at issues of importance to county beheavioral health and developmental disability directers. Nearly every edition challenges you, our NACBHDD members, to do two things: to gain a detailed understanding of a critical issue in our field, and to take action in the form of involvement and advocacy to advance a much-needed solution.This edition of UTM follows a similar format, butsets out several more personal challenges:
- How can you enrich your personal experience as a NACBHDD member?
- How can you advance your skills and career in developing, administering, and delivering services at the county level?
- What can you gain, and what can you contribute, by working more closely and sharing the expertise of your NACBHDD colleagues?
Download the full issue to learn more about NACBHDD Membership:
Under the Microscope - Enriching your NACBHDD Membership Experience
Use the link below to download the NACBHDD Brochure and learn about the benefits of NACBHDD membership.
Download NACBHDD Brochure
Read a testimonial by The Community Mental Health Association of Michigan's view on the benefits of involvement in NACBHDD.
Join now online